By Tim Boudreau
The open-source NetBeans Platform is an terribly strong framework for construction "write as soon as, run anyplace" wealthy shopper purposes. Now, for the 1st time because the unlock of NetBeans IDE 5.0, there is a finished advisor to wealthy customer improvement at the NetBeans Platform.
Written for Java builders and designers who've found that uncomplicated Swing elements should not sufficient for them, this ebook may also help you start with NetBeans module improvement, grasp NetBeans' key APIs, and examine confirmed ideas for construction trustworthy machine software program. every one bankruptcy is full of functional, step by step directions for developing whole wealthy patron purposes on most sensible of the NetBeans Platform and plugins for NetBeans IDE.
Rich consumer Programming 's wide-ranging content material covers
- Why modular improvement is smart for small, medium, and massive applications
- Using NetBeans to speed up improvement and increase efficiency
- Leveraging NetBeans productiveness good points, from the part Palette to Code Completion
- Leveraging NetBeans' modular structure on your personal applications
- Implementing loosely coupled verbal exchange to enhance code maintainability and robustness
- Managing person- and system-configuration data
- Building reloadable parts with stable threading models
- Constructing refined multiwindow purposes and offering wealthy information constructions to users
- Adding user-configurable options
- Integrating net companies with NetBeans machine applications
- Automating module updates and delivering consumer help
Foreword via Jonathan Schwartz Foreword via Jan Chalupa Preface in regards to the Authors and Contributors Acknowledgments bankruptcy 1: Getting all started with the NetBeans Platform bankruptcy 2: the advantages of Modular Programming bankruptcy three: Modular Architecture bankruptcy four: Loosely Coupled communique bankruptcy five: Lookup bankruptcy 6: Filesystems bankruptcy 7: Threading, Listener styles, and MIME Lookup bankruptcy eight: The Window System bankruptcy nine: Nodes, Explorer perspectives, activities, and Presenters bankruptcy 10: DataObjects and DataLoaders bankruptcy eleven: Graphical person Interfaces bankruptcy 12: Multiview Editors bankruptcy thirteen: Syntax Highlighting bankruptcy 14: Code Completion bankruptcy 15: part Palettes bankruptcy sixteen: Hyperlinks bankruptcy 17: Annotations bankruptcy 18: innovations Windows bankruptcy 19: net Frameworks bankruptcy 20: internet Services bankruptcy 21: JavaHelp Documentation bankruptcy 22 Update Centers bankruptcy 23: Use Case 1: NetBeans Module Development bankruptcy 24: Use Case 2: wealthy Unger on software Development bankruptcy A: complex Module approach Techniques bankruptcy B: universal Idioms and Code styles in NetBeans bankruptcy C: Performance Index
Read or Download Rich Client Programming: Plugging into the NetBeans (TM) Platform PDF
Best programming books
Building allotted functions is tough sufficient with no need to coordinate the activities that cause them to paintings. This sensible consultant exhibits how Apache ZooKeeper is helping you deal with dispensed platforms, so that you can concentration typically on program good judgment. regardless of ZooKeeper, enforcing coordination projects isn't really trivial, yet this publication offers strong practices to offer you a head begin, and issues out caveats that builders and directors alike have to wait for alongside the way.
In 3 separate sections, ZooKeeper participants Flavio Junqueira and Benjamin Reed introduce the foundations of dispensed structures, supply ZooKeeper programming ideas, and contain the knowledge you want to administer this service.
• find out how ZooKeeper solves universal coordination initiatives
• discover the ZooKeeper API’s Java and C implementations and the way they range
• Use tips on how to music and react to ZooKeeper country alterations
• deal with mess ups of the community, program techniques, and ZooKeeper itself
• know about ZooKeeper’s trickier points facing concurrency, ordering, and configuration
• Use the Curator high-level interface for connection administration
• familiarize yourself with ZooKeeper internals and management instruments
The inherent risks of swap are frequently summed up within the misquoted chinese language curse “May you reside in fascinating occasions. ” The submission technique for the sixteenth foreign convention of Inductive common sense Programming (ILP 2006) used to be an intensive (hopefully attention-grabbing yet no longer cursed) departure from prior years.
Practical Programming program and Implementation Hardcover
This publication constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the eighth overseas Workshop on Database Programming Languages, DBPL 2001, held in Frascati, Italy, in September 2001. The 18 revised complete papers offered including an invited paper have been rigorously chosen in the course of rounds of reviewing and revision.
- Beginning Programming For Dummies
- The OpenCL Programming Book (OpenCL 1.0)
- Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation
- WebGL Programming Guide: Interactive 3D Graphics Programming with WebGL
Additional info for Rich Client Programming: Plugging into the NetBeans (TM) Platform
4: Excluding the IDE’s modules In the Application panel, you can also set the application’s title and splash screen. 5. 5: A bare NetBeans Platform application 6 Chapter 1 Getting Started with the NetBeans Platform This is your starting point when you create applications on top of the NetBeans Platform. ” The NetBeans IDE uses a system of ﬁle templates to facilitate creating new ﬁles with speciﬁc structures. The New File wizard includes panels to collect information and generate more detailed initial code for speciﬁc sorts of ﬁles.
A modular application, in contrast to one monolithic chunk of tightly coupled code in which every unit may interface directly with any other, is composed of smaller, separated chunks of code that are well isolated. Those chunks can then be developed by separate teams with their own life cycles and their own schedules. The results can then be assembled together by a separate entity—the distributor. It has long been possible to put a bunch of libraries on the Java classpath and run an application.
When done, classes in the ﬁrst module will be able to use classes from the library. 22 Chapter 2 The Beneﬁts of Modular Programming Modules vs. ” For most practical intents and purposes, there is no difference. A module is simply a unit of code that you can “plug in” to the platform or the IDE. The term “plugin” has been popularized by various other environments and can easily be applied to modules created for the NetBeans Platform as well. Traditionally, we have used the term “module” in the NetBeans environment, since the platform itself is composed of modules.
Rich Client Programming: Plugging into the NetBeans (TM) Platform by Tim Boudreau