By David N. Blank-Edelman
The Perl programming language permits you to write quickly but robust scripts for automating many administrative projects. Written for a number of diverse systems (Unix, home windows NT, and MacOS), Perl for process Administration is geared toward all degrees of administrators--from hobbyists to card-carrying SAGE members-- sysadmins on multi-platform websites. Assuming just a little familiarity with Perl, this publication leads you thru the wallet of management the place Perl can be Most worthy, together with filesystem administration, consumer management, listing providers, database management, log documents, and protection and community tracking. every one bankruptcy concentrates on a unmarried administrative activity, discusses the prospective pitfalls, after which exhibits how Perl involves the rescue. Perl for procedure Administration is for an individual who must use Perl for administrative initiatives and desires to hit the flooring operating.
Read Online or Download Perl for System Administration: Managing multi-platform environments with Perl PDF
Best programming books
Building disbursed functions is hard adequate with no need to coordinate the activities that lead them to paintings. This useful consultant exhibits how Apache ZooKeeper is helping you deal with allotted platforms, so that you can concentration almost always on software good judgment. inspite of ZooKeeper, enforcing coordination initiatives isn't trivial, yet this ebook presents strong practices to offer you a head commence, and issues out caveats that builders and directors alike have to look forward to alongside the way.
In 3 separate sections, ZooKeeper participants Flavio Junqueira and Benjamin Reed introduce the foundations of allotted structures, offer ZooKeeper programming innovations, and contain the data you must administer this service.
• learn the way ZooKeeper solves universal coordination projects
• discover the ZooKeeper API’s Java and C implementations and the way they fluctuate
• Use how you can tune and react to ZooKeeper nation adjustments
• deal with disasters of the community, program methods, and ZooKeeper itself
• find out about ZooKeeper’s trickier facets facing concurrency, ordering, and configuration
• Use the Curator high-level interface for connection administration
• familiarize yourself with ZooKeeper internals and management instruments
The inherent hazards of swap are frequently summed up within the misquoted chinese language curse “May you reside in fascinating occasions. ” The submission strategy for the sixteenth foreign convention of Inductive common sense Programming (ILP 2006) used to be a thorough (hopefully attention-grabbing yet no longer cursed) departure from prior years.
Practical Programming software and Implementation Hardcover
This publication constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the eighth overseas Workshop on Database Programming Languages, DBPL 2001, held in Frascati, Italy, in September 2001. The 18 revised complete papers awarded including an invited paper have been conscientiously chosen in the course of rounds of reviewing and revision.
- Rails Recipes: Rails 3 Edition
- The Seasoned Schemer
- ISO-IEC 9899-1999 - Programming languages C
- Windows Azure Web Sites
- Python Testing Cookbook
Additional resources for Perl for System Administration: Managing multi-platform environments with Perl
1 There are two parts of this response we need to pay attention to. The first is the actual data, the information returned after the equals sign. 0 means "default route," so the information returned corresponded to the first line of the routing table output above. 0 tacked on to the variable names above. This is the index for the ipRouteEntry entry representing the table row. Now that we have the first row, we can make another get−next−request call, this time using the index. 1 You can probably guess the next step.
Figure E−2. 1. When we want to actually use this OID in practice, we'll need to tack on another number to get the value of this variable. 0, representing the first (and only, since a device cannot have more than one description) instance of this object. In fact, let's do that; let's use this OID in a sneak preview of SNMP in action. In this appendix we'll be using the command−line tools from the UCD−SNMP package for demonstration purposes. edu/ is an excellent free SNMPv1 and v3 implementation.
2. 4. Acknowledgments Copyright © 2001 O'Reilly & Associates. All rights reserved. 4. Acknowledgments Writing a book turned out to be a lot like building one of those classical arches. It started with two pillars in my life that leaned towards each other, one technical, and the other personal. On the technical side, I have the greatest appreciation for Larry Wall, who not only created Perl but imbued it and the Perl community with the spirit. I am thankful to the great Perl teachers, Tom Christiansen and Randal L.
Perl for System Administration: Managing multi-platform environments with Perl by David N. Blank-Edelman