By Susan Purney Mark
Dressmaker Susan Purney Mark makes wonderful use of strip units and angled cuts in 9 attractive initiatives, commencing up fascinating new layout possibilities.
* Insert daring accessory strips to accomplish a refreshingly diversified look
* Use blocks in various ways--in borders, duvet facilities, repeat-block quilts, and more
* increase your layout with raw-edge applique
Read or Download Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
This exploration into the constitution of assorted weaves presents an realizing of the way every one weave works, guiding weavers to layout and weave their very own appealing materials. The underlying rules that govern a specific type of constitution are defined, as are enhancing the elemental draft and selecting fibers and yarns.
Get hooked into the quirky global of Amigurumi! Crochet those irresistibly lovable creatures contemporary coolest craze in crochet. * Over 20 initiatives are great hip and tremendous speedy to make you would like basically easy crochet talents and small quantities of yarn * Funky designs comprise mommy and child owls, hedgehogs, and penguins, plus foolish crocheted treats like cupcakes and ice-cream cones * locate whole directions for crocheting designs and including facial expression and different elaborations
Embroidery pour le Jardinier offers multiple hundred designs so as to add attraction to objects you employ within the backyard and twenty-one needlework steps instructing tips on how to do that. very quickly you can be hand-stitching cherry motifs to seed luggage, butterflies to instrument kits, and scarecrows and pumpkins on your gloves and smocks.
"For novices, an illustrated fundamentals part teaches all stitches utilized in styles. contains easy-to-crochet tasks for scarves of many sizes and shapes. designated designs characteristic novelty and cotton yarns. Many close-up how-to photographs and illustrations"--Provided via writer. summary: "For rookies, an illustrated fundamentals part teaches all stitches utilized in styles.
- Simple Pineapple Crochet
- Go Crochet! Afghan Design Workshop 50 Motifs, 10 Projects, 1 of a Kind Results
- 101 Easy Tunisian Stitches: Crochet
- Idiot’s Guides Quilting
- Donna Kooler's Seasons in Cross-Stitch
Extra info for Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts
3. Sew the 21/2â•›˝ × 5˝ pieces to the left and right sides of each corresponding square. 4. Sew the 21/2â•›˝ × 9˝ pieces to the top and When working with directional prints (see Tip on page 24), I recommend piecing the 21/2â•›˝ strips so that the direction of the print radiates out from the center square on all four sides. This may seem strange, since it will mean that the bottom strip is upside down, but having all the pieces positioned this way will look more balanced in the finished composition.
Making the Blocks All seam allowances are 1/4â•›˝, and all seams are pressed open unless otherwise noted. •â•¢ 72 pieces 21/2â•›˝ × 121/2â•›˝ 1. Lay your organizer cards out on a table, •â•¢ 108 pieces 11/2â•›˝ × 121/2â•›˝ bed, or other large area. Each of these Contrasting solid fabric: For the sashing, cut: •â•¢ 1 strip 121/2â•›˝ × width of fabric Subcut this strip into 24 sashing strips 11/2â•›˝ × 121/2â•›˝. •â•¢ 1 strip 121/2â•›˝ × length of fabric Subcut this strip into 48 more sashing strips 11/2â•›˝ × 121/2â•›˝.
Sew the 21/2â•›˝ × 9˝ pieces to the top and When working with directional prints (see Tip on page 24), I recommend piecing the 21/2â•›˝ strips so that the direction of the print radiates out from the center square on all four sides. This may seem strange, since it will mean that the bottom strip is upside down, but having all the pieces positioned this way will look more balanced in the finished composition. bottom to finish each block. 5. Square up each block to 9˝ × 9˝. ï»¿Small Plates 59 Making the Quilt Top Making the Quilt Back 1.
Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts by Susan Purney Mark